H3C S6800 switch series is the latest development of Cloud ready intelligent data center switches. The S6800 switch series delivers cloud ready features, such as VXLAN, Openflow and EVPN, a rich set of features tailored for data centers as well as enhance L2/L3 feature for enterprises. As the most compact 10G/40G/100G solution in the industry, the S6800 switch series is made for high density 10GE access or 40G/100G aggregation in intelligent data centers and cloud computing networks. The S6800 switch series can also fit nicely as the TOR switch of overlay networks.
The following contents are relatively complicated, please use PC for browsing.
Pls enter c.h3c.com.cn in the PC browser and follow the instruction from the page, you will continue to sync to PC.
Continue mobile phone browsing.
Flexible port combination
As network bandwidth grows tremendously, 10GE adapters are increasingly common in servers. The need of delivering high forwarding performance and providing more 10/40/100 GE expansion space has become essential.
· H3C’s S6800-4C is built to cope with the need providing four module slots, and supporting high density 10G SFP+ fiber, 1/10G Base-T copper and 40G QSFP+ flexible configuration combination. The S6800-4C can also support a maximum of 96 10G and 8 40G ports, or 32 40G ports and can even support 96 FC/FCoE/Ethernet universal ports through its flexible FC interface module.
· H3C’s S6800-2C can support a maximum of 48 10G and 6 40G ports or 18 40G ports. Through its flexible FC interface module slot, S6800-2C can even support 48 FC/FCoE/Ethernet universal ports.
· For 100G uplink, the S6800-54HF/HT can support fixed 48 10G Base-X or Base-T and 6 100G QSFP28 ports.
· For greater demand, the S6800-32Q features 32 40G QSFP+ port, via 40G to 10G cable, supporting a maximum 104 10G ports.
Intelligent Resilient Framework 2 (IRF2)
H3C S6800 switch series is pre-built with Intelligent Resilient Framework 2 (IRF2). IRF2 provides the following benefits:
· High scalability: With IRF2, plug-n-play device aggregation can be achieved by adding one or more switches into the IRF2 stack, enabling IRF2 stacking on the new device. New devices can be managed with a single IP, and upgraded at the same time to reduce network expansion cost.
· High reliability: The IRF2 patented 1:N backup technology allows each slave device in the IRF2 stack to serve as the backup of the master, creating control and data link redundancy, and uninterrupted layer-3 forwarding. This improves reliability, avoids unplanned business downtime, and serves to improve overall performance. When the master device fails, traffic remains uninterrupted.
· Load balancing: IRF2 supports cross-device link aggregation, allowing upstream and downstream to be connected to more than one physical link. This creates another layer of network redundancy, and boosts the network resource utilization.
· Availability: H3C Implements IRF2 through standard Forty Gigabit Ethernet (40GE) or Ten Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) ports. It can allocate bandwidth for business and application access, and reasonably splits local traffic and upstream traffic. IRF2 rules are obeyed within and across the rack, but also across the LAN.
Rich data center features
· FCoE technology leverages Ethernet packet to carry FC packets. This means FC SAN and Ethernet LAN network can share the same network infrastructure, which is a good solution to solve the problems of coexistence between different types of network. S6800 switch series supports full FCoE and FC protocol stack. All downstream SFP + ports can be switched to FC port to interoperate with FC SAN. As the FC SAN and Ethernet network are fully integrated, the entire network infrastructure is greatly simplified.
· TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) is an innovative technology that changes the traditional way to build data center networks. It incorporates the benefits of layer 3 routing technology, such as stable, scalable and high performance into an adaptable, but limited scope of layer 2 switching network. The end result is flexible, extensible, high-performance layer 2 network architecture. By using TRILL technology, S6800 switch series becomes the ideal choice to build a large, high-performance, and scalable cloud data center networks that support live virtual machines.
· Software Defined Network (SDN) is an innovative network architecture that simplifies network management and reduces maintenance complexity. This is accomplished by separating network control layer and network forwarding layer through Openflow. More importantly, it implements flexible network flow control and provides a well-defined network platform for core network application and innovation.
· S6800 switch series supports DCB (Data Center Bridging), ISSU (In-service Software Upgrade), OAM (Operations, Administration and Maintenance) and Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE). It fully meets the high performance data center requirements, and is easy to manage with green energy consumption.
· H3C S6800 switch series supports VXLAN (Virtual Extensible LAN), VXLAN uses a MAC-in-UDP encapsulation method where the original Layer 2 package is added a VXLAN header, and is then placed in a UDP-IP packet. With the help of MAC-in-UDP encapsulation, VXLAN tunnels Layer 2 network over Layer 3 network. This provides two major benefits, higher scalability of Layer 2 segmentation and better utilization of available network paths.
· H3C S6800 switch series supports MP-BGP EVPN (Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol Ethernet Virtual Private Network) uses standard-based BGP protocol as the control plane for VXLAN overlay networks, providing BGP based VTEP auto peer discovery and end-host reachability information distribution. MP-BGP EVPN delivers many benefits, such as eliminating traffic flooding, reducing full mesh requirements between VTEPs via the introduction of BGP RR, achieving optimal flow based end to end load sharing and more.
· S6800 switch series supports the intelligent caching technology. Its hardware implements intelligent distribution of traffic load, while utilization ratio increases up to five times than traditional method. In addition, S6800 employs intelligent hardware entry technology to achieve MAC/ARP/IP routing FIB table adjusts dynamically, and entry specification (such as MAC maximum up 288K) increased by 10 times compared with traditional switches. S6800 also supports intelligent hash technology. Under heavy network traffic, it can significantly eliminate network polarization and load imbalances. S6800 switch series using high-performance multi-core CPU architecture and modular software operating platform to achieve greater flexibility when scheduling tasks with different priorities.
Flexible choice of airflow
· To cope with data center cooling aisle design, the H3C S6800 switch series comes with flexible airflow design, which features bi-cooling aisles in the front and back. Users may also choose the direction of airflow (from front to back or vice versa) by selecting a different fan tray.
Outstanding security control policies
· H3C S6800 switch series supports AAA, RADIUS and user account based authentication, IP, MAC, VLAN, port-based user identification, dynamic and static binding; when working with the H3C iMC platform, it can conduct real time management, instant diagnosis and crackdown on illicit network behavior.
· H3C S6800 switch series supports enhanced ACL control logic, which enables an enormous amount of in-port and out- port ACL, and delegate VLAN based ACL. This simplifies user deployment process and avoids ACL resource wastage. S6800 switch series can also take advantage of Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (Unicast RPF). When the device receives a packet, it will perform the reverse check to verify the source address from which the packets are supposedly originated, and will drop the packet if such path doesn’t exist. This will curb the increasingly common originating address spoofing.
Hardware level encryption technology MACsec
· S6800 switch series supports hardware level encryption technology MACsec (802.1ae), which is an industry-standard security technology that provides secure communication for all traffic on Ethernet links. Compared with traditional application based software encryption technology, MACsec provides point to-point security on Ethernet links between directly connected nodes and is capable of identifying and preventing most security threats.
Multiple reliability protection
· The S6800 switch series provides multiple reliability protection at both switch and link levels. With over current, overvoltage, and overheat protection, all models have a redundant pluggable power module, which enables flexible configuration of AC or DC power modules based on actual needs. The entire switch supports fault detection and alarm for power supply and fan, allowing fan speed to change to suit different ambient temperatures.
· H3C S6800 switch series provides a rich management interface, including console, external network and USB. Management protocols such as SNMPv1/v2/v3 are supported aside from iMC Management Console. The network administrator may activate control through CLI, Web interface and TELNET which gives maximum flexibility in accessing and managing the device. The administrator may also choose SSH2.0 and SSL encryption to shield the management session.
(W × D × H)
Mini USB Console: 1
Ethernet port for management
SFP 1000Base-X: 1
1/10G Base-T port
1/10G SFP+ port
For feature not applicable
Input Voltage – AC
Related voltage range: 100V to 240V AC, 50/60Hz Maximum voltage range: 90V to
264V AC, 47/63Hz
Input Voltage – DC
Related voltage range: -40V to -60V DC, Maximum voltage range: -40V to
Hot-swappable fan, fan speed adjustable and wind invertible
Single AC: 132W
Dual AC: 145W
Single DC: 128W
Dual DC: 142W
Single AC: 89W
Dual AC: 95W
Single DC: 91W
Dual DC: 99W
Single AC: 142W
Dual AC: 157W
Single DC: 135W
Dual DC: 150W
Single AC: 95W
Dual AC: 110W
Single DC: 91W
Dual DC: 105W
Dual AC: 135W
Three AC: 150W
Four AC: 165W
Dual DC: 131W
Three DC: 145W
Four DC: 155W
(in full configuration)
Single AC: 291W
Dual AC: 301W
Single DC: 291W
Dual DC: 299W
Single AC: 186W
Dual AC: 196W
Single DC: 187W
Dual DC: 192W
Single AC: 310W
Dual AC: 320W
Single DC: 294W
Dual DC: 301W
Dual AC: 450W
Dual DC: 445W
Dual AC: 827W
Three AC: 837W
Four AC: 856W
Dual DC: 823W
Three DC: 825W
Four DC: 828W
Operating relative humidity
Wirespeed exchange – Switching capacity
Wirespeed exchange - Throughput
Store-forward and cut-through
Intelligent Resilient Framework 2 (IRF2)
Distributed device management
Stacking through standard Ethernet port
Local and remote stacking
LACP, BFD, ARP and MAD based stack collision
10GE port aggregation
40GE port aggregation
10GE port aggregation
static aggregation, dynamic aggregation
Data center features
VXLAN L2 switching
VXLAN L3 routing
MP-BGP+EVPN distributed control plane
802.1Qbb PFC, 802.1Qaz ETS, ECN
FCoE and FC protocol stack
FC/FCoE/Ethernet multiplexing ports
TRILL & IRF
netconf , python
MAC address table
Static MAC address
Blackhole MAC address
Port-based VLAN (4094 items)
DHCP Snooping option82/DHCP Relay option82
Static table entry
Dynamic ARP Inspection
ARP source suppression
ARP Detection function (check according to DHCP Snooping safety entry, 802.1x table entry or IP/MAC static binding table entry)
Static routing, RIP v1/2, OSPFv1/v2, BGP, IS-IS
Equal-Cost Multi-Path routing (ECMP), VRRP, policy-based routing
RIPng, OSPF v3, IS-IS v6
BGP4 + FOR IPv6, VRRP, IPv6 routing strategy
ICMP v6, Telnet v6, SFTP v6, SNMP v6, BFD v6, VRRP v3
IGMP Snooping v2/v3
STP Root Guard
Committed Access Rate (CAR)
Eight output queues per port
Flexible queue scheduling algorithm can be set based on port and queue, support SP, WRR, WFQ, SP + WRR, SP + WFQ and other models
802.1p and DSCP priority re-marking
L2 (Layer 2) ~ L4 (Layer 4) packet filtering based on source MAC address, destination MAC address, source IP (IPv4/IPv6) address, destination IP (IPv4/IPv6) address, port, protocol, and VLAN Traffic Classification
Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED)
N: 4 port mirroring
Local and remote port mirroring
Hierarchical user management and password protection
AAA authentication support
IP + MAC + port binding
IP Source Guard
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
Upgrade via the XModem, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
Management and maintenance
Configuration via CLI, Telnet, and Console port
SNMP（Simple Network Management Protocol）
H3C Intelligent Management Centre (iMC)
Power, fan and temperature alarms
Debug string output
Telnet remote maintenance
Copy switch files to and from a USB flash drive
Large data centre with overlay solution
H3C provides total and comprehensive overlay solution, 12500-X/9800 can be deployed as VXLAN IP GW, S6800 can be deployed as VXLAN GW. The overlay solution delivery the following benefits:
· Can support upto 16M multi-tenants users
· Simplified network design and centralized policy control
· Support multiple and flexible deployment methods